Happy New Year from the Spunky Seniors Club®!
By: Sheryl Woods | Vermont | January 2015
NEW YORK CITY
- Eli’s Table — Eli Zabar is a “market-to-table eatery.” The dinner menu includes items like Eli’s rooftop greens with Banyuls vinaigrette, lamb shank with polenta and fall root vegetables, and charred prime shell steak with pommes frites.
- The Finch — The Finch cooks up seasonal American fare in a 120-year-old Brownstone in Brooklyn. Diners will find dinner entrees such as oil poached hake with clams, mussels, winter vegetable and turnip chowder, and squid ink spaghetti with red shrimp, Brussels sprouts, saffron, and basil.
- The Rum Line — Located on the terrace of the St. Moritz Hotel on Collins Avenue, The Rum Line is an outdoor bar with menu and cocktail offerings. Enjoy the fare taking in the view of the Atlantic Ocean under the moonlight.
- Fork & Balls — For everything meatball, it’s Fork & Balls featuring all kinds of meatballs (lamb, ground sirloin, chicken) and the sauces and cheeses to go with them.. There are also salads, sandwiches, sliders and subs on the menu.
- Liquid Art House — “Eat your art out,” is the slogan of this boundary-breaking restaurant that fuses upscale fine dining with contemporary fine art.
- Wink & Nod — An authentic South End craft cocktail speakeasy that brings true Prohibition-era form to the modern age. The menu includes carry-over favorites, such as the black pasta with red miso and octopus and new creations, like yakitori-grilled quail placed in a mason jar infused with cherry wood smoke.
New Year’s Resolutions to Get Healthy & Active for a New You!
Here’s a few New Spas, Salons & Fitness Centers
- Sothys Spa — Sothys began in 1946 as a beauty institute in Paris and entered the U.S. market in 1970. The newest Sothys Spa houses 10 treatment rooms and offers more than 20 Sothys signature treatments, including the exclusive Institute Treatments.
- Hudson Valley Fitness — Welcome to Hudson Valley Fitness Personal Training and Boot Camps in the Hudson Valley
- Organic Elements Spa — Let Organic Elements Spa pamper you with laser, skincare, waxing and body treatment services.
- Fitness Factory — Great bodies aren’t born, they are transformed, using the proven BODYPUMP™ formula: THE REP EFFECT™ a breakthrough in resistance workout training. Focusing on low weight loads and high repetition movements, you’ll burn fat, gain strength and quickly produce lean body muscle conditioning.
Fun & Adventure – Start Here
- Dec. 17th, Southwest Airlines extended its flight schedule for travel through Aug. 7, 2015, adding new, non-stop service in cities across the United States. Book your dream trip now.
- Check out the 2015 Concert Tour circuit of your favorite bands. From Rap to Soul and everything in between, don’t miss your chance to enjoy them this new year.
- Disney is a dream for old and young. The new Four Seasons Resort offers “luxurious accommodations, dining par excellence, a sumptuous Spa, extensive light-filled meeting and celebration spaces, and acres upon acres of recreational pursuits from golf and tennis to basketball and waterslides.
DISCLAIMER: Please note: Some links will take you off the Spunky Seniors Club’s site, therefore, we’re not responsible for the content. Please consult with your doctor(s) before starting or engaging in any activities, dietary or medical changes.