By: aG | Spunky Seniors Club® | October 2016
October is ~
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- This is an annual campaign to bring awareness to the most common cancer in women that’s held throughout October.
- While most people know about the dangers of breast cancer, they might not know the steps to take to detect it at an early stage.
- National Breast Cancer Awareness work hard, raising money to give mammograms to women in need. So, donating anything you can on their website is always a huge help for this cause.
REMINDER: The Spunky Seniors Club® has a brand new website. And, we have a SSC Re-Launching contest: Join as a FREE member and be eligible to receive gift cards, promo items, and giveaways; randomly. Start winning today!
October 12th: Columbus Day
- Ever wonder why we celebrate Columbus Day? Take a LQQK!
- NYC Columbus Day Activities
- Cookbook Launch Day ~ always on October 12th of each year! Launch your cookbook!
- Join us ~ October 13-16, 2016 for the 17th Annual Woodstock Film Festival
“I can’t think of another place that seems better suited to have an independent film festival than Woodstock.” Paul Rudd (Actor)
October 31st: Halloween
- Decorate pumpkins and try carving your own Jack-0-Lantern
- Dress up in Steampunk, make pumpkin cupcakes, organize a Spooky Pooch parade in your area
- Post a picture of yourself, family, or pumpkins on our Facebook page
- Spooktacular Halloween — Ahh, the old fashioned Popcorn Ball!
FREE Oktoberfest – 4 weekends long at Hunter Mountain
“Home is where the haunt is!”
The pumpkin beers you must drink now! Try them this Halloween
Like Sushi ~ Like this… you’ll always stick with the best!
First, take a look at the weather map for the balance of this year and beyond — 2016-2017 winter.
Preparing your home for the winter
Whether you live in New York State, New England or any warm State, before winter approaches, you’ll want to take some measures to prepare your home. Follow these tips come from the renowned home improvement expert, by Bob Vila to make your home safe for the winter!
A mosquito’s proboscis has 47 sharp edges on its tip to help it cut through skin and even protective layers of clothing. Perhaps this is where the rumor of “mosquito teeth” comes from. Unlike human teeth, however, these sharp edges are not used to chew food since blood is already in a liquid form.
Please note that some links will take you off the Spunky Seniors Club’s site. Therefore, we’re not responsible for the content. Please consult with your doctor(s) before starting or engaging in any activities, dietary or medical changes.